We all live busy lives, and sometimes there just isn’t a big budget or or a lot of time to prepare your home for visitors or special events. Here are 5 quick, easy, and affordable tricks to make your home look more organized and luxurious!
- Flowers – as living things, flowers and plants add an organic feel to a space and can instantly brighten the aura of your home. Choose delicate flowers in pale colors and place them in an elegant vase for an instant luxe look.
- Add a rug – Area rugs are a great way to add color, pattern, and texture to a space! Whether it’s placed underneath your coffee table, dining table, at the end of your bed, or as a runner in the hallway, an area rug will add an immediate WOW factor.
- Change lamp shades – there are so many lamp shade options available at custom lighting stores, IKEA, and various other retail outlets, so why not make the most of it! Reserve a good couple of hours for shopping and you are bound to find something you like! And because lamp shades are easily replaceable, don’t be afraid to be a little adventurous with your choices!
- Replace old fixtures and fittings – adding a brand new tap to your kitchen, or new door knobs to your cabinetry will instantly add a shiny element to your space.
- Create a vignette – By combining small decor items such as vases and frames, you can turn clutter into sophisticated design. Grab all the small objects, books and other bits and bobs throughout your space and thoughtfully arrange them on top of a cabinet or chest of drawers, coffee or side table. You’ll be surprised at how interior designer-esque you’ll feel once you’re done!
Got any more savvy ideas for making your home look luxe on a budget? Share them in the comment section below or on our Facebook page!