A way to save big bucks around your home is on your energy bill. Today’s #Prime5Friday is going to change the way your household operates, for the better of your family and your pocket!
Many people are unaware of how much energy certain appliances use, that energy is still consumed even when an appliance isn’t running, and how easy it is to cut down on your energy usage! Although minor, implement these 5 things in your home and you’ll be laughing the next time you receive your utilities bill!
1. Turn off lights and unplug appliances when not in use.
2. Air dry your clothes instead of using a dryer.
3. Hang floor-to-ceiling, high-density, blackout curtains throughout your home. Not only will they keep your interior cool but they will also block any air leaks or drafts that filter through your window frames.
4. Instead of using the air conditioning, utilize ceiling or standing fans during summer.
5. Purchase energy-saving appliances. Many products now have energy-efficient alternatives, and although that might cost slightly more originally, it’s a worthy investment and will save you money in the long term. Appliances such as low-flow showerheads, programmable thermostats, low-energy bulbs, and water-saving washing machines and dishwashers are great options for saving money in your home. (TIP: Run your washing machine and dishwasher on an eco cycle)
There are many more ways to conserve energy in your home, both simple and more complex. Learn more about Green & Sustainable functions here.
Please feel free to share any more tips you have to save energy in your home in the comments section below or on our Facebook page. We would also love to hear about your success stories!